Shingle Roof Replacement in Central Florida
Asphalt shingles are one of the most commonly used roofing materials in residential shingle roof replacement and new construction. They are made from a combination of fiberglass, asphalt, and ceramic. The fiberglass gives shingles their durability, while the asphalt (which is combined with various minerals) provides the shingles with their resistance against water. Finally, the ceramic component helps provide the shingles with their color and UV light deflection. Although they’re called “shingles” and they certainly look like shingles, they tend to be installed in sheets that are layered onto the roof.
The Benefits of Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles continue to be one of the most popular roofing choices amongst homeowners throughout the country for the following reasons:
- Affordable – Asphalt shingles tend to be one of the most affordable roofing materials available.
- Durable – Asphalt shingles are resistant to fire as well as wind as a result of its fiberglass component. They are also water-resistant. Even if they tear or crack, it’s not difficult or expensive to replace damaged asphalt shingles.
- Easy to install – Because they come in sheets, asphalt shingles are easy to install. They are also very lightweight, which means they remain easy to install even if the slope of your roof is steep.
- Flexible aesthetic – Asphalt shingles are available in a wide range of styles and colors to compliment your home design.
Shingle Roof Replacement & Services
Alan’s Roofing has extensive experience installing, replacing, repairing, and maintaining asphalt shingle roofs. Our licensed and insured contractors have the training and know-how to provide the asphalt shingle service you need. The following is just a brief rundown of our asphalt shingle services:
- Maintenance – The typical asphalt shingle roof should last upwards of 30 years. We offer routine inspections and maintenance to ensure your asphalt shingle roof lasts as long as possible.
- Repairs – Whether your roof is leaking or your asphalt shingles are visibly damaged, we can diagnose the cause of the problem and repair the affected area.
- Installation – Proper installation is essential to the quality of your asphalt shingle roof. Not only do we use high-quality asphalt shingle materials, but we are also an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor.
- Replacement – If your old roof needs to be replaced, we can do so safely and quickly.
Whether you’re thinking about a shingle roof replacement or installing a new asphalt shingle roof, we can provide you with the service that you need. To request a free estimate or for more information about our shingle roofing services in Central Florida, be sure to contact us at Alan’s Roofing today.
We use these Owens Corning Shingles:
Or for more design ideas, click this link: https://www.owenscorning.com/en-us/roofing/design-inspire